Thursday 17 May 2007

PEACH BLOSSOM LOOKS

I wrote an article about Peach Blossom Stars in one of my posts last month. Today I'd like to share with you what I have learnt about Peach Blossom looks. Let me begin by telling you the story of Pan Jin Lian.
Pan Jin Lian was a character out of the famous Chinese classical work Water Margin. This extremely beautiful lady was an adulteress. Together with her boyfriend XiMen Qing, they killed her old and ugly husband, Wu Da Lang. His brother, Wu Song, later killed the lovers. Until today people still refer to a woman they consider being of loose morals as Pan Jin Lian. She was someone cursed with having looks that readily invite romance luck. The Chinese call it Tao Hua Xiang.
Let me elaborate on Tao Hua Xiang or Peach Blossom looks. The eyes and mouth are two of the features that are most indicative if a person possesses this type of looks. A book on feng shui that I read listed the following features as reflective of Tao Hua Xiang for a man.

· The black of the eyes must be more than the white parts;
· The eyebrows are long and thin;
· The mouth is moderate, not too big or small;
· The lips are thin and wet;
· The face is longish;
· The voice is gentle.

The telltale signs for a woman with Tao Hua Xiang are:

· The black of the eyes must be more than the white;
· Long and thin eyebrows;
· Rosy cheeks;
· Small mouth;
· Thin and wet lips;
· Alluring voice;
· Soft and fleshy palms.

Not all people who are said to have Peach Blossom looks are beautiful or handsome but to the opposite sex they ooze charm and sex appeal. To the married men or women who are captivated by their charms, they are irresistible to the point that they are willing to leave their spouses and children or do drastic things like jumping off a building. A person with Tao Hua Xiang may be enjoying the attentions of the opposite sex but they might not be happy as a whole gamut of problems ranging from sexual entanglements to estrangement might crop up. My friend Tuan Haji Ahmad Hasnin who read an article I wrote about this type of looks said that I have 6 out of the 7 features I had listed for a female with Tao Hua Xiang. Aiyoh! I don't want to be like Pan Jin Lian. What do you think? Any comments?
Above is a picture of Wu Zun whom I think has this type of look. I have analysed his face and in my opinion he best exemplifies Tao Hua Xiang. Actually, if you compare the picture of my face to that of his at the top of this page, you'd notice that we both have this type of longish face structure, with black of eyes more than white, small, thin lips and long thin eyebrows. For your information, he is currently the top male idol in Taiwan and is the object of adulation among many of the Chinese girls in the world. According to an Internet poll, he has already usurped Rain for the top spot where idol rating is concerned.
Another Taiwanese idol with this type of lady-killer look is Jerry Yan. Click here to see a picture of him.

2 comments:

MagickMystik said...

STOP putting MUSIC In your website

Anonymous said...

Cool XD Lovely blog..always come to visit it.